#TipTuesday 2021Fun

Register bike and computer – Registering your bike and computer allows the VCU Police to maintain a record of your property, making it easier to recover if stolen. Preventative measures such as installing theft recovery software on your personal computer and giving the VCU Police a photo of your bike and its serial number will help you retrieve any stolen property. For more information on how to register and mark your property safely, visit the VCU Police website under Service and Programs.

How to call RamSafe – Stuck on campus late at night? RamSafe is the point-to-point evening transportation service dedicated for VCU students, faculty and staff. The program provides free transportation to on-campus locations and nearby residences and buildings between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m. You can make a RamSafe request by calling 804-828-7233 or online at https://vcu.ridecell.com. Just make sure you don’t forget to bring your VCU ID with you!

#TipTuesday 2021Fun:Your Time Has Just Begun

On Tuesdays, we will share helpful tips to make your experience at VCU easier and more enjoyable.

1. Make an account on RamsConnect to join undergraduate and graduate student organizations that fit your interests! There are over 500 student organizations that you can participate in, ranging from cultural to political to recreational and more. You can also find all the links on RamsConnect to help you start or run a student organization. Create an account at https://vcu.collegiatelink.net.RamsConnect
  2.  Student Media Center – Join VCU’s Student Media Center if you are interested in journalism, radio, photography or expressing yourself creatively in any fashion. This is an excellent opportunity to become engaged with the VCU community and other creative students, while producing content for established publications that can be added to your portfolio. For more information about VCU’s Student Media Center, visit http://studentmedia.vcu.edu/.VCU Student Media Center.jpg
  3. Did you know that there is a grand piano on the second level of University Student Commons near the Commonwealth Ballroom? Any VCU student is allowed to use it as long as there isn’t an event going on in the Commonwealth Ballroom. If you are interested, go to the Information Desk in University Student Commons and ask for the key to the piano. Give them your VCU ID and the piano is all yours! For more information about the Information Desk in the Commons, visit http://www.usca.vcu.edu/about/information-center/.Grand Piano
  4. Innovative Media Reservations – There are multiple spaces that you can reserve in Innovative Media’s The Workshop, located on the lower level of Cabell Library, including a 3D printer, the laser cutter/engraver, the gaming room or the video and audio production studios. There are two steps to this process. First, attend one of The Workshop’s scheduled orientation sessions to become an authorized user. Second, use their reservation system to book the space you want up to a week in advance.Innovative Media
  5. How to call RamSafe – Stuck on campus late at night? RamSafe is the point-to-point evening transportation service dedicated for VCU students, faculty and staff. The program provides free transportation to on-campus locations and nearby residences and buildings between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m. You can make a RamSafe request by calling 804-828-7233 or online at https://vcu.ridecell.com. Just make sure you don’t forget to bring your VCU ID with you!RamSafe
  6. Ram Bikes available for loan – There are eight bikes available outside the James B. Cabell Library and Tompkins-McCaw Library. The bikes can be checked out for 48 hours at a time at the library service desk, similar to checking out a library book. Students are required to sign a liability waiver and will be issued a helmet and u-lock to be returned with the bike. These bikes are a fun, inexpensive way to explore VCU’s urban environment! RamBikes.jpg
  7. VCU RAM Guide – Download the VCU RAM Guide from the Apple or Google Play app store. In VCU RAM Guide are individual guidebooks for New Student Orientation, Move In, Welcome Week and more!IMG_9763
  8. Stall Seat Journal – Next time you visit a VCU bathroom, be sure to take a look at the stall door in front of you. Each month of the school year, the VCU Wellness Center releases a new Stall Seat Journal focusing on what students at VCU are doing to stay healthy along with tips and tricks to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Stall Seat Journal
  9. Campus Connector app – Don’t get caught in the rain! Download the VCU Transloc mobile app to track the status of each Campus Connector shuttle and estimated arrival times. The app can also help you find the nearest pickup point to catch the shuttle. IMG_9767
  10. Register bike and computer – Registering your bike and computer allows the VCU Police to maintain a record of your property, making it easier to recover if stolen. Preventative measures such as installing theft recovery software on your personal computer and giving the VCU Police a photo of your bike and its serial number will help you retrieve any stolen property. For more information on how to register and mark your property safely, visit the VCU Police website under Service and Programs.

Register Bike and Computer