#ThrowbackThursday 2022Debut

2022 Debut ThrowbackThursday Artwork

Previous USC&A articles, pictures and videos from past semesters that have content relevant to the Class of 2022 will be shared on Thursdays. Each week, a new throwback will be posted, so check back here, as well as follow our social media for updates!

1. Have you heard of The Underground? It’s a newly renovated space in the University Student Commons for student organizations to come together, where they will have access to creative resources as well as study and meeting spaces. Learn more about what’s offered here: The Underground Open House

2. Completely student-run and student-led, The Student Media Center manages seven student media organizations on campus – providing opportunities for student experience, training and leadership. You can read learn more about how to be involved with SMC and the organizations that they manage here: Spotlight on the Student Media Center

3. The Intercultural Festival is a VCU tradition that dates back more than 20 years. The festival promotes greater understanding across ethnic and racial lines, and is attended by thousands of people from different backgrounds and unique ways of life each year. Learn more about the ICF here: Around the World in One Festival

4. Looking for a way to engage with the Richmond community? Give A Day RVA brings VCU students and locals together to give back to the surrounding neighborhoods through a variety of service projects. Read more about the projects and their impact here: Give A Day RVA 2017

5. TEDx at VCU is a student-led organization that produces a yearly conference, focusing on a specific theme or topic. Last year’s theme was “Patterns” and all of the tickets available, sold out. Take a look at last year’s article to learn about how to get involved with TEDx at VCU, and details on upcoming conferences: TEDx at VCU holds third conference

6. Are you interested in supporting causes to help children? RamTHON is a VCU student organization that fundraises to support the Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU (CHoR). To learn more about RamTHON, Miracle Families, and how you can help, take a look at last year’s event here: VCU is FTK!

7. At the end of each year, soon-to-be graduates and other notable student organization, leadership and service award winners are recognized for their hard work and dedication at VCU. Check out the End of Year Ceremonies at VCU for a closer look at some of the ways VCU honors theses students.

8. Rams Lounge is a newly renovated space located downstairs in the University Student Commons that can be used for lectures, presentations, performances, meetings and social functions. Take a look at what Rams Lounge has to offer: Rams Lounge Preview Party!

9. Here at VCU, Homecoming Week is held during the fall semester, and include Family Weekend, Fall Block, and of course the concert. Check out last year’s teaser video to get a glimpse of the festivities: Happy 25 Days to Homecoming!

10. Get excited for Welcome Week 2018! Move In! Meet & Greets! Convocation! Ram Spirit Walk! Block Party! Water Wars! Student Organization Fair! And more! Check out the highlights of Welcome Week 2017 here: VCU Students “Made it Real” during Welcome Week 2017